Human Resources Manager
EmberHope Youthville staff work to spark change in the lives of the individuals and communities we serve. If you're an experienced HR professional looking to connect your passion and experience with a trauma-informed, solution-focused work environment, please consider applying for our full-time Human Resources Manager position, located in Newton, KS.
In this role, you will:
1. Manage recruitment and on-boarding activities of the company
2. Administer company benefits and wellness programs
3. Develop and provide reports (internal & external)
4. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
5. Assist with the development, maintenance and execution of applicable plans, policies and procedures
6. Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the company’s compensation plan
7. Contribute to ongoing short- and long-term human resource planning
8. Manage HRIS as related to assigned responsibilities
9. Develop HR related training curriculum and conduct supervisory training
10. Provide supervision to delegated staff
11. Other duties as assigned to carry out department and company mission, goals and objectives
How you will spend your time in this job:
· 25% Recruitment, On-boarding and Retention
· 20% Benefits & Wellness Administration
· 15% HRIS management and reporting
· 10% Departmental meetings and supervision
· 10% Developing & providing supervisory training
· 10% Supervision to staff
· 10% Other duties as assigned
To qualify for this job, you need to have:
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and/or PHR preferred.
2. 3-5 years HR experience in a generalist role required.
3. 2-3 years supervisory experience required.. Nonprofit experience highly preferred
4. Minimum 2 years experience working with ADP or other HRIS required.
Physical working requirements - Ability to travel, driving agency or personal vehicle including at night. Ability to do occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. Able to walk stairs. Ability to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Employee is subject to outside environmental conditions occasionally; inside conditions frequently, with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
To apply, please visit https://www.emberhope.org/resources/careers-at-emberhope/ or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Advocate/Forensic Interviewer
Summary: The Family Advocate/Forensic Interviewer reports to the CAC Director. The Family Advocate is a support to the victims and non-offending caregivers throughout the investigative process, through the resolution of the case. The Family Advocate also serves as a liaison between the children, caregivers, and Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) members. They will also be responsible for conducting legally sound forensic interviews with child abuse victims utilizing appropriate protocols.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work with sensitive and difficult subject matter; must recognize and appropriately address signs of own stress response.
• Ability to respect confidentiality and privacy of families, victims and CAC staff; sign confidentiality agreement.
• Ability to interact respectfully with many different cultures, ethnicity, and backgrounds.
• Exercise good judgement, demonstrate effective critical thinking skills, and crisis intervention skills.
• Possess basic to advanced computer skills, including familiarity with generating monthly reports and logs and updating a secure database.
• Have a commitment to follow CAC procedures and protocols.
• Bi-lingual communication skills preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in social/human services or criminal justice field preferred.
• Must pass background checks (KBI, Child Abuse and Neglect Registry, Offender Registration)
• Complete a minimum of 40 hours of Forensic Interview education and training within six months of hire.
• Must have good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, as well as ability to communicate with children and adolescents.
If interested, contact Bryn Murphy at email@example.com.
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all Center City Academy fundraising efforts. This includes the major gifts program, annual donor pledges, special events and capital campaign. The Development Director is responsible for planning, execution, control and evaluation of fundraising, public relations, and outreach for the organization. The Development Director works closely with the Board and Fundraising volunteers to enhance and support the overall mission of the organization, and to assure that ample unrestricted and program funds are generated.
• Develop and oversee fundraising program
• Identify, research and cultivate funding sources to meet the mission of CCA
• Identify prospective individual donors, corporate sponsors and those in positions of community leadership. Develop strategies to cultivate and nurture those relationships to meet the mission of CCA
• Maintain ongoing communications with all donors and prospects
• Develop solicitation materials and communicate with grant writer for submission of funding requests
• Oversee digital records for all donations and recognitions to include donor acknowledgements
• Collaborate with Board of Directors on the planning of fundraising events and responses to donors and attendees
• Collaborate with graphic designer and BOD members to create and develop marketing materials for fundraising
• Work with social media contractors to update Website, Facebook Page, and Donor Base Server
• Develop and oversee all Press Releases and Local News Releases
• Make public appearances /accept speaking engagements to promote public awareness and share information about the mission of CCA with the community
• Raise brand awareness
• Acquire new recurring donors
• Increase average monthly gift size
• Increase average one-time gift size
• Increase number of gifts through different channels
• Optimize future email campaigns
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Demonstrated fundraising experience
• Demonstrated foundation relationship and grant writing experience
• Familiarity with the effective use of social media
• Ability to use a variety of office suite software, such as MS Office or similar
• Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Please submit current resume that includes references and a cover letter explaining your interest to in this position to: Admin@CenterCityAcademy.org. For more information, contact Rebecca Moore @ 316-641-4153. Applications will be accepted until the end of the business day March 13, 2020
Posted on 3/3/2020
Executive Director/Program Manager
The Urban League of Kansas located in Wichita, Kansas seeks an Executive Director to manage and oversee the day-to-day operation of the non-profit social service agency.
Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred, in business administration, public administration, education, social work, human resource administration, finance, or a related discipline.
Five years’ experience in business management, personnel management, strategic planning, fiscal management, program development, and administration, or a combination of the above;
Two years of experience working with a volunteer board or other demonstrated community leadership experience.
Management and supervisory experience required.
Demonstrate excellent coalition-building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Demonstrate outstanding presentation and communication skills.
Possess excellent organizational, fundraising and communications skills, grant/proposal writing experience, and government/community relations’ experience.
Demonstrate excellent coalition-building skills.
Note: Prior leadership experience within another similar nonprofit organization or the Urban League is desirable. The Urban League of Kansas is located in the National Urban League Central Region.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter and resume by March 13, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “Executive Director” in the subject line of your submission.
The Urban League of Kansas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
Be a part of a compassionate, faith-based family that emphasizes team work and collaboration.
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, in this role you will be responsible for managing and implementing assigned programs within EmberHope Youthville's comprehensive fundraising program to include annual fund, major gifts, appeals, and church relations, database integrity and reporting, staff management, planned giving and capital initiatives as well as developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with constituents and developing and maintaining knowledge of trends and issues in child welfare.
How you will spend your time in this job:
· 75% Fundraising activities and initiatives
· 15% Team development, supervision and reporting
· 10% Community outreach and engagement
A bachelor's degree required; 5-8 years of relevant experience, excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking. Ability to write proposals, grants and marketing content, demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit, close, and steward annual giving and major gifts, working knowledge of development best practices, fundraising tools and strategies, donor databases, direct mail, email and digital media, and donor research also required. Ability to identify priority prospects annual, special and major gift prospects and implement fundraising strategies and organize time effectively, establish priorities, set and meet goals, and manage many tasks simultaneously is essential.
Previous supervisory experience successfully managing and leading a motivated development team is required. Raiser’s Edge 7 or NXT experience preferred.
Ability to travel, driving agency or personal vehicle, including at night. Ability to do occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. Able to climb stairs. Ability to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Employee is subject to outside environmental conditions occasionally; inside conditions frequently, with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
Apply at EmberHope.org/Careers