NONPROFIT CHAMBER OF SERVICE
RESPONSIBILITIES The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all Center City Academy fundraising efforts. This includes the major gifts program, annual donor pledges, special events and capital campaign. The Development Director works closely with the support of the BOD and Fundraising volunteers to assure that ample unrestricted and program funds are generated. The Development Director is responsible for planning, execution, control and evaluation of fundraising, public relations, marketing, and outreach for the organization. The Development Director works closely with the BOD and Fundraising volunteers to enhance and support the overall mission of the organization.
For full job description email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Rebecca Moore @ 316-641-4153. Position open until filled.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership by working with the Board of Directors and key management staff to establish long-range strategies, operational policies, and maintain a strong financial foundation for HumanKind Ministries. The President/CEO represents the organization and its values to the community, including building strong relationships with key stakeholders and leaders. This position reports to the Board of Directors.
As a President/CEO you will:
• Oversee a staff of approximately 30 full-time, part-time and contract staff, hundreds of volunteers, and a budget of approximately $5 million. HumanKind Ministries operates nine facilities including 112 low-income apartments, two Emergency Winter shelters, a year-round shelter for men, women and families, a community enrichment center and more.
• Provide vision and plan strategies consistent with the agency’s mission, values, and resources in collaboration with staff and the Board of Directors.
• Demonstrate proven fundraising capabilities, ability to understand financials, develop budgets and operate within budget guidelines.
• Establish and evaluate agency-wide operations and ensure their effectiveness by developing, implementing and reviewing programs, policies and procedures to fulfill the mission and vision of HumanKind Ministries.
• Oversee organization’s leaders to recruit, hire, develop, and supervise staff with objective performance criteria and goals.
• Uphold the organization’s public reputation and outreach, representing HumanKind Ministries to a variety of stakeholders including donors, city and county officials, faith group representatives, community and civic organizations.
• Execute sound fiscal management in the nonprofit environment and capably manage government contracts and other grants.
• Build a culture of philanthropy and develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive funding plan to support agency programs.
• Develop and maintain a positive relationship with funders, donors, policymakers, colleagues, and anyone else who would have an impact on the life of the organization.
To qualify for this job, you need to have the following:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit administration, public administration, business, health/human services or related field.
2. At least 10 years post-educational management experience in business or public administration, non-profit, health/human services, or related field.
3. Demonstrated commitment to cultural inclusion and community collaboration.
4. Proven leadership skills including the ability to drive change, inspire high performance.
1. Advanced degree in nonprofit administration, public administration, business, health/human services or related field.
2. More than 15 years post-educational management experience in business or public administration, non-profit, health/human services, or a related field.
3. Experience in homeless services and/or low-income housing.
4. Previous experience as an Executive Director or President of a large not-for-profit organization
Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong written and verbal communications skills
2. Experience in marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
3. Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
4. Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
5. Ability to gain the trust and respect of highly talented leadership staff to form a unified team
6. Ability to maximize services with limited resources along with effective budget planning.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and contact information to email@example.com with a subject line, “President/CEO Search”. The deadline for application submission is May 4, 2020.